A portfolio is a distinct line of business that includes its own organizational structure with its own executives, product management, and development teams. Many organizations will only have one portfolio, but larger organizations may have several portfolios, for example, in the case where companies are acquired by a parent company.
Pay attention that deleting a portfolio permanently removes it from the system. Be sure all work items were removed from this portfolio, because they will not be accessible after the portfolio is deleted.
To create a portfolio:
- On the menu bar, select Administration, and then click Portfolios under Setup.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Portfolio button.
- Type your portfolio’s title and a short description.
- If the Private Portfolio feature is enabled in your instance, you may switch-on the Private Portfolio toggle to disable access to the portfolio through user impersonation and restrict cross-portfolio work item relationships for objectives and dependencies.
- Select the parent organization for your portfolio.
- Type the portfolio team description. The portfolio team is created at the same time the portfolio is created.
- Select the region for your portfolio.
- Select the portfolio team’s owner.
- Select if the portfolio is active. Inactive portfolios do not appear in some reports across the application. Programs/teams do not appear for dependencies if a parent portfolio is inactive.
- Select the scorecard for this portfolio. You can use scorecards to score and rank your epics in a consistent way across the programs and portfolios.
- Select the intake form for this portfolio. The intake form is used to store additional information about an epic. This is the information your organization wants to collect about every project.
- Select the case development custom field set for this portfolio. Custom field sets are used to provide additional information about an epic to help decide if the epic should be approved or rejected.
- Click Save.
- On the Members tab, under Team Members, select the necessary team members to add to your team.
Note: Click Push members to related Program teams to add all team members to the program teams associated with this portfolio team.
- Click Save & Close.