Custom fields sets are used to provide additional information about an epic to help decide if the epic should be approved or rejected. In a custom field set, you can create text fields, which will allow information up to 500 characters in length. You can also create dropdown menus with various selectable options. The fields you create in your custom field set will appear on the Benefits tab of epics.
Note: Individual custom fields can be created for epics and other work items to provide comprehensive details. These fields display within the General tab of a work item’s slide-out panel. Create individual custom fields on epics when the fields aren’t related to epic approval.
To create a custom field set:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Platform under Settings.
- On the Portfolio tab, click Manage Here next to Case Development.
- Type the name in the Custom Field Set Name box, and then click Add.
- Type your question in the New Custom Field box, select the custom field type (dropdown or text), select if the answer to this question is required, and then click Add.
- If you selected dropdown as your question type, type an answer to your question in the New Option box and click Add.
- Add more answers if needed.
Note: The answer ranked as the first one in the list will be the default selection.
To edit a custom field set:
- Select the necessary custom field set from the Edit Custom Field Set drop-down menu.
- Edit a question or an answer, and then click the floppy disk icon next to it to save your changes.
Note: You can move your questions and answers by clicking up and down arrows. To delete your question or answer, click the cross sign next to it.
To display a custom field set on all epics within a program:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Programs under Setup.
- Select the program you want to use your custom field set with.
- In the Case Development Custom Fields drop-down menu, select a custom field set to display on epics in the program.
- Click Save to save and apply your changes.