During an active sprint, a team’s scrum master or the task’s assignee can record time worked against a task.
Time can be recorded when:
- The task’s parent story is assigned to a sprint.
- The sprint is active.
- The task has an assignee.
Record time against a task through its parent story:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Team in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to create tasks for.
- Select Stories in the list of options; the stories page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Stories; the stories page displays.
Next, open the parent story's Details panel:
- On the stories page, select the task’s parent story to open the story’s Details panel.
- In the Tasks section at the bottom of the panel, select the clock icon to add time.
Note: If the task is synced with Jira Software through a connector, this icon will not be available. Enter task hours from Jira to record time.
- In the modal that displays, select the date you’d like to record time for in the corresponding field.
- In the Spent field, type the number of hours spent on the task that day.
- In the Remaining field, type the estimated hours remaining needed to complete the task.
- Select Add Time. The record will display in the Time History table.
Note: Time added against tasks will not be finalized until the team’s standup meeting is run the following day.
Once a task’s logged remaining time reaches 0, the task’s status will automatically change to Done and additional time reporting will not be possible.