Enhancements and Features
Support URL changes
In preparation for the upcoming changes to our Customer Support services, we have changed the default URL behind the Support link in the Jira Align User Menu. The link will now direct users to the home page of our Help Center. Open tickets are still accessible from the home page as links.
When we migrate to Jira Service Desk on November 13, we’ll be updating ticket links in Help Center to redirect to Jira Service Desk support forms.
In an upcoming release, we’ll make a final change to the Support link in the Jira Align User Menu, and users will be taken directly to Jira Service Desk.
Note: If you previously customized the URL of the Support link found in the User Menu, your custom URL remains and has not been overridden.
Saved filters for grids
We implemented the most requested idea in our ideation portal by adding the ability to create and save custom filters on grid pages. Saved filters are user-specific and specific to each grid.
Theme permissions to separate the create and update actions
An Add (create) permission was added to Themes. Now, the Save (update) and Add (create) actions can be managed independently for roles. By default, the Add permission will be toggled on for Roles that currently have Save toggled on.
Defect Fixes by Area
- We fixed an issue where, in the Feature Backlog, users could create items without a parent object, even if it was set as required for the item’s program or portfolio.
- We fixed an issue where features with an assigned parent work item weren’t displayed in the No Estimate bucket on the Orphan Items slide-out panel.
- We fixed an issue where the backlog List view would timing out and not display items.
- We fixed an issue where scrolling beyond 100 items in the backlog List view would result in a Cloudflare error.
- We fixed an issue where the Defect grid was not sorting correctly when clicking on the External ID column header.
- Previously, dependencies would remain in a Committed status and the Depends On teams were not able to recommit to a date. Now, when the Needed By date on Dependency changes to a date that is later than the Committed By date, the Dependency status will change to Not Committed so that the Depends On team can recommit to a date.
- When creating or updating dependencies, the Program Increment drop-down menu no longer shows Done and Archived PIs.
- We fixed an issue where changing the Theme on an Epic was only updating the Contained In link on the Epic. Now, the new Theme is displayed in the Contained In link and the Theme dropdown.
- We fixed an issue where an error would appear after expanding the Feature list on the Epic slide-out panel.
- To address an issue where the None applicable option could be selected as a required parent object, we made several changes:
- We added a Theme toggle on the Page Config modal for epics.
- If Theme is marked as required, None applicable isn’t available in the drop-down menu on the Epic slide-out panel. Select One is the default option, and a value must be selected when saving an epic.
- If Theme is not marked as required, Select One isn’t available in the drop-down menu on the Epic slide-out panel. None applicable is the default option.
- We removed the Required toggle for Themes in the Page Config modal for features.
- Themes were removed from the Parent Object column on the Features grid.
- We fixed an issue where an error would occur when trying to add risks to objectives with more than one assigned program increment. Now when the New Risk slide-out panel appears, no PI is associated with it if the parent objective has more than one PI.
- When deleting an objective, the message confirming that the item was deleted now uses the correct terminology.
- We fixed an issue that caused some objective Details panels to continuously load and then time out.
- We fixed an issue where programs were duplicated and PIs couldn’t be updated when over 200 programs were previously assigned to a PI.
- We fixed a timeout error that would occur when users would attempt to generate team sprints from a PI's Details panel.
- We fixed an issue where a server error would appear when using the Feature grid.
The Critical Path drop-down menu on Risks no longer appears on the Details panel when it is disabled in the Page Config.
- On the Roadmaps page, the filter for objective milestones now takes into account any configuration changes made in the Configuration bar and only show milestones associated with work items displayed.
- We added tooltips to the Roadmaps configuration modal so users can more easily understand why certain columns are unavailable/grayed out.
- We fixed a performance issue that would occur when users would try to filter the Roadmaps view by owner.
- Users with save permissions on sprints are now able to change sprint names.
- We updated permissions so that product owners, analysts, scrum masters, and team coaches on Kanban teams can accept stories.
- We fixed an issue where the Checklist slide-out panel would appear shifted to the center of the screen when users opened it on the Strategic Backlog page.
- In the View Allocations Across Teams links in the Team slide-out panel, all teams are now visible. Previously, only 3 teams at a time were displayed.
We fixed an issue where the Program drop-down menu on the Team Details panel would display HTML code.
- We fixed an issue where a Done label would display on features on the Sprint Board view of the Team Room. The label now says Accepted.
- Deactivated users no longer display in the Team Room.
We fixed an issue where users would receive errors when attempting to delete multiple themes.
- We added validation to the import process to prevent tasks from being imported if a parent story does not exist.
- We fixed an issue where a server error would appear if users tried to filter the People grid by Time Approver, when the User ID (UID) was set as a string with more than 5 characters, and the platform setting Time Approvers Can Approve Their Own Time was set to No.
- We fixed an issue where users who performed some actions that wouldn’t trigger page refreshes were logged out from the system.
- We fixed an issue where an error would appear when users tried to reset a team member’s role to Select One on the Team or Sprint slide-out panels.
- We fixed an issue within the Framework Mapper where custom URLs were not applied to the selected image. Now, you can apply custom URLs and clicking the image will redirect as expected.
- The View the Current Program Increment training simulation now launches as expected.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.