The Atlassian Jira Align team is pleased to announce Jira Align v.10.118. Please note that the 10.118.0 feature release was not deployed, as our developers worked to ensure the release met our standards for quality. As a result, the feature release for 10.118 is version 10.118.1.
Enhancements and Features
These features for 10.118 were released to environments on the continuous release track on March 17, 2023, in version 10.118.1. The features will then be released to environments on the bundled release track on March 24, 2023, in version 10.118.2:
Changes coming next week to support a new Jira Software epic field
Later next week, Jira Software Cloud will begin rolling out changes to epic fields in company-managed projects.
If your Jira Align instance is currently connected to one or more Jira Software Cloud projects, you will see the following changes as of Tuesday, March 21:
- On the Admin > Jira Settings > Jira Setup connector settings page, the Feature name custom field custom field mapping will be renamed to Jira epic name custom field and will be made optional. Existing mappings will not be removed.
- Inside of Details panels for Jira Align features, the Summary field will be renamed to Jira Epic Name and will be made optional.
- The Jira connector will begin syncing the Summary field of Jira Software epics with the Title field of Jira Align features. The connector will also begin syncing the Epic Name field of Jira Software epics with the Jira Epic Name field of Jira Align features.
See our announcement, Upcoming changes to support a new Jira Software epic field, for full details of the change and steps you can take to prepare.
Removal of Collaborate pages, Trello connector, and Rational connector
As previously announced, we've removed the remaining pages that make up the Collaborate menu inside of Jira Align. We've also removed access to the Trello and Rational Team Concert (RTC) connectors. Pages removed include:
- Communities of Practice*
- Trello connector settings
- Jira Align Power-Up inside of Trello (removed March 10, 2023)
- Rational connector settings
If you attempt to visit these locations through a previously-saved link, bookmark, or Favorites entry in Jira Align’s navigation, you’ll be redirected to a new page that informs you the functionality has been removed. Select the Learn more link from the page to see more info about recently removed functionality, as well as instructions on how to clear old entries from Favorites.
- *The Communities of Practice (CoP) page and the ability to create a new CoP were removed. You may still create a new team with a Type field set to Community of Practice. For a short time after removal, you may associate these types of teams with a previously-created CoP. We recommend leaving this field blank in those situations, as the field no longer provides any functionality. Existing CoP-type teams that are associated with a CoP will show the association. This can be removed manually by editing the team’s Details panel. Sometime later in 2023, these associations and fields will be removed from Jira Align.
- For a short time, you may still be able to access individual blog posts through their direct URLs. We recommend working with your teams to ensure any links or bookmarks to specific blog posts are removed from your internal websites, intranet, and wikis.
API 2.0: Consistent method support, consistent object coverage, and complete property coverage
We’re kicking off an effort to ensure consistency in our API coverage. This means making sure that all objects have consistent method (GET, POST, PUT/PATCH, DELETE, etc.) support, consistent coverage (support for audit logs, acceptance criteria, links, etc.), and that all object properties (epic field financial fields, release sync sprints, etc.) are available.
This release includes:
- GET, POST, PUT, and PATCH support for capability acceptance criteria
- POST, PUT, and PATCH support for capability links
- GET, POST, and PUT support for epic acceptance criteria
- POST, PUT, and PATCH support for epic links
- PATCH support for releases
- PUT and PATCH support for value streams
- GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, and DELETE support for Jira connector product mappings
- Copy endpoints for capabilities and features
- Audit log endpoints for value streams, products, customers, and cities
Upcoming removal of legacy reports
In version 10.121.0, we’ll be removing six legacy reports from Jira Align:
- Build Status By Sprint
- Escalation Report (not accessible)
- Enhancement by Owner (not accessible)
- Enhancement by Age (not accessible)
- Program Increment Roadmap (also known as PI Forecast Report)
See our announcement, Upcoming removal of legacy reports, for full details of these planned removals.
The list of defect fixes will be updated to reflect changes in weekly maintenance releases. You can see the contents of individual maintenance releases in the Supplemental Release Notes section.
|JIRAALIGN-3677||Splitting a Feature does not replicate the ADO area path in the newly created Feature AND creates orphaned stories in ADO||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4062||Capture does not work for Process Flow (Value Stream) Cycle Time||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4088||When importing Features target sprints do not update if no target sprints were selected before||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4107||Opening a Folio times out due to query constraints||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4120||When updating a custom field via API, only 250 characters are accepted.||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4230||Forecast Page is Not Loading||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4283||In Epic Backlog with Portfolio selected in tier1, when not all of the Epics are loaded, using 'Move to Bottom' assigns rank 10000 and leads to inconsistent results||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4385||Colour codes on identical Tags is not maintained when Epic is Copied||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4390||Character limit in the Initial Metric field for Success Criteria||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4425||Roadmap- Unplanned work does not sort according to backlog rank||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4451||Accept and Unblock buttons on Dependency Slideout are only partially clickable||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4458||Modifying Capacity in the Forecast page does not log work item changes in Audit Log||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4465||Features/Epics may be showing twice in the Program feature backlog||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4474||Dependency mapping: Incremental status show wrong data if multiple selections done in Tier1||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4481||Hide time tracking report toggles for sites without a time tracking license||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4486||Forecast Report Not Honoring Configuration Selection||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4489||Renaming a Theme allows for duplicate names||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4505||Feature: Sprint Start and End date show inconsistencies when PI is changed||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4511||The Select list for Ideation Group's Admins and Internal Contributors fields shows all the pre-selected names as well, instead of just showing only the name matching the search criteria||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4513||Disabling Ideation permission does not prevent access to Ideation||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4559||Program Room: Text search function is not filtering properly||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4584||Theme Import: Themes without a valid state can be imported||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4601||ROI Calculator is incorrect||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4612||Capabilities: Inconsistency in role toggles controlling the Links section||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4622||Objective Tree: Incorrect count in Status Card with multiple PIs||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4633||Backlog : Poor performance on re-ranking item, the screen automatically scrolls rapidly||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4639||Deleting a snapshot tied to a goal doesn't fully remove the snapshot from the goal||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4647||Ideas: when creating an Idea via API, FeatureName on table tblEnhancement is not created||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4653||Users Non-Super admin are not able to view/add links related to an objective(Portfolio/Program/Team)||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4658||Organizational Hierarchy report – Program shows under wrong solution when filter with Portfolio on T1||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4660||New Objective Tree: Column Names||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4677||New Program Objective - Can't select a parent objective||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4678||Legacy Objective Tree: Clicking on Key Results results in "Error Retrieving data for modal".||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4690||Cannot edit Key Results against an Objective tree - Goal, just get a spinning wheel.||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4700||New sprint mapping setting not available in Jira V8.10 onwards||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4708||Accessing the KeyResults endpoint via non-super user gets 403 error||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4712||Setting a Story to a PI in a Kanban Team displays the story twice in the Backlog||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4718||Feature Backlog - Kanban Value Stream - Exit Criteria Toggle Unexpected Behavior||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4723||Platform > Security: SAML Provider modal displays certificate from a different provider||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4734||Editing a portfolio tier objective in a portfolio with over 200 projects results in "Project text length exceeded 1000 characters" error.||10.118.1|
|JIRAALIGN-4757||Legacy Objectives: Setting 'Target' to a value greater than 2147483647 is not allowed||10.118.1|
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.