Only a team coach can edit the status of the sprint after it has started. Sprints can be closed manually, or they can be closed automatically if you have the Start and End Sprint Automatically team platform setting enabled. With the option enabled, if a sprint isn’t closed manually, it will close automatically at 11:59 PM on its last day.
Close a sprint from the teams page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to close a sprint for.
- On the sidebar, select More items in the list of options.
- Select Teams; the teams page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Teams; the teams page displays.
To close a sprint:
- On the teams page, select the team associated with the sprint you want to close.
- Open the Sprints tab.
- Select the sprint you want to close from the list shown.
- Click Full Details to expand the section.
- From the State drop-down menu, select Completed.
- Click Save & Close.
- You can also close a sprint from the team room by using the flag icon.
- If you're using the Jira connector, closing an integrated sprint in Jira Align won't affect the sprint in Jira.