About this report
The strategy tree report provides a quick summary of the mission, vision, values, goals, and themes tied to a specific strategic snapshot. You can view a hierarchical visualization of your strategy management in a strategy tree. All levels of the tree are nested under each other. Strategic snapshots and all the tree levels are created via the strategy room page.
This report is beneficial to executive leaders, to make sure the organization's mission, vision, values, goals, and themes are clearly defined, as the overall enterprise strategy drives all lines of business.
Optionally, use the Extra Configs button at the top of the report to filter by a certain portfolio, solution, program, or program increment.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Strategy in the top navigation bar and select the strategic snapshot you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Strategy tree in the list of options; the report displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- Strategic snapshot must be created and exist in the system.
- Mission, vision, values, and goals must be created and tied to a snapshot.
- Portfolio must be created and exist in the system.
- Program must be created and tied to a portfolio.
- Program Increment (PI) must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Themes must be created and tied to a PI and program.
- To see a strategic snapshot in the Snapshot list, you must be a team member of the program associated with a PI attached to the strategic snapshot.
How are report values calculated?
No calculations or algorithms are processed in this report. All values are pulled from the strategy room. The items might be different in the upper and lower parts of a report. It is because the orphan items do not appear in the upper part. Items are orphan if their parent does not belong to the selected snapshot.
How to interpret this report
Clear, concisely written mission, vision, values, goals, and themes are essential to unify an organization, provide purpose to the staff and the work they performing, and act as the catalyst for strategy development.