Create a strategic snapshot to see strategy and portfolio project management aligned in a central location. Strategic snapshots are used to develop your strategy by month, quarter, or year from the top down or from the bottom up. Keep them documented and monitor the progress.
You can edit the created snapshot under Enterprise > Manage > Strategic Snapshots.
To create a snapshot:
- Select Enterprise from the left menu bar.
- Under the Enterprise section of the menu bar, select Strategy Room; the Strategy Room page displays.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Snapshot button.
- Type a Name and a Description for the snapshot in the corresponding boxes.
- Set the Start and Finish Date, and the Total Funding in the corresponding fields, and then click Save. Upon initial save, additional, optional fields display to further define the snapshot.
- Under Funding Levels, set the funding level (budget) for your organization structure and any child structures. The funding total will turn red if the funding levels you have set exceed the snapshot's total funding. Rollup by Category shows a funding breakdown by organization structure category.
- Click Full Details to display additional fields.
- Under Notifications, select the checkboxes if you want to send email notifications about any changes made to your strategy.
- Click Save.
- Next, click Setup Funding Workflow; the Setup Funding Workflow dialog box opens.
- In the Setup Funding Workflow dialog box, click Add Funding Approval Rule, set the rule, and then type the email of a person who should approve the funding in the Alert box. Rule example: If a total funding exceeds $10,000, notify firstname.lastname@example.org to get the funding approval.
- Click Add Change Approval Rule, set the rule, and then type the email of a person you want to notify about any changes in the Alert box.
- Click Save, and then close the Setup Funding Workflow dialog box.
- At the bottom of the panel, use the Drop or Upload Files field to add any supporting files.
- Open the Configurations tab.
- Under Members, Products, Program Increments, and Organization Structures, select the items necessary for your strategy.
- Click Save & Close when complete. The new snapshot displays in the Strategy Room and Strategic Snapshots grid.