About this report
The Status Report (Capabilities) is a drill down of the Status Report main views, Financial and Status, for a selected capability. The report isolates specific capabilities that are tied to your portfolios.
There are two ways to access these reports:
- Click on a capability within a Status Report.
- Select a capability from the main Status Reports menu.
These reports display in the form of a data table and are aimed at the PMO and executives of your company.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- A parent organization must be created.
- A portfolio must be created and tied to a parent organization.
- A program must be created and tied to a portfolio.
- A theme must be created and tied to a PI and program.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Epics must be created and tied to a program and theme.
- Capabilities must be created and tied to epics.
- Features must be created and tied to capabilities.
- Stories, with point values, must be created and tied to features.
How are report values calculated?
Values are pulled from the Capabilities page/Capabilities panel.
- Capability name = Click Edit to open the capability’s page, where you can edit the information about the capability. On the capability’s page in the list on the right, click Status Report to get back to the report’s page.
- Description = A short description of the capability.
- Status = Click the square to set the current health status= on track, some risk, or high risk.
- Health = Click any health icon to set the current health status of your project.
- Progress = Progress is driven from the number of story points accepted for stories belonging to the capability.
- Days remaining = Calculated based on the days remaining until the target completion date.
- Project owner = The owner of the capability.
- Entered funnel = The date when the project entered a funnel, which is the date when the capability was created.
- Start/initiation date = This date indicates when a capability will start. It is used to do the strategic planning activities more effectively. This is not the actual start date of the epic based on when the first story is done. This is the target start date based on intentions of the person submitting the epic.
- Target completion date = This date indicates what the target completion date is. It is used to do the strategic planning activities more effectively. It reflects the date the scheduler believes a capability can actually be completed (versus the Portfolio Ask date which is the date the business wants the capability to be delivered).
- Portfolio ask date = This date is set early in the process by the portfolio groups when they do their planning to request the delivery date for an epic.
- Acceptance criteria = All acceptance criteria associated with the capability.
- Objectives = All objectives assigned to the capability.
- Risks = All risks assigned to the capability. The colored box next to each risk is determined by the resolution method associated with the risk= Green indicates Resolved, yellow indicated Owned, and red indicates Accepted and Mitigated risks.
- Dependencies = All dependencies associated with the capability.
- Estimates = The estimated cost of all work assigned to the project. Jira Align calculates this by looking at the historical cost of a story point (or T-shirt size, ideal hour, or others) based on the velocity and relevant cost centers of the team assigned to do the work.
- Notes = User-defined notes to annotate the report, up to 2000 characters long.
How to interpret this report
Executives should use the data in the reports to review overall status of capabilities in a portfolio. The primary focus should include an evaluation of schedule, budget, risk, scope, quality, and progress. Additionally, the report includes the acceptance and success criteria, objectives, risks, and dependencies the capabilities has, as well as the features associated with this capability.