A community of practice is a group of people who share a concern or passion for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly.
Note: This type of team can still be created in Jira Align and associated with existing communities of practice for a short time. We do not recommend associating this type of team with a community of practice, as we have removed the Communities of Practice summary page. For more details, see our removal announcement for the Collaboration module.
Create a community of practice team on the teams page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select any team.
- On the sidebar, select More items in the list of options.
- Select Teams; the teams page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Teams; the teams page displays.
To create a community of practice team:
- On the teams page, select the Add Team button on the toolbar (top-right of the page).
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Community of Practice.
- Type your team’s name and the description of the team’s main focus and responsibilities.
- Select the team’s owner from the corresponding drop-down menu.
- Select the communities of practice the team members will have access to, and then click Save.
To add members to a community of practice team:
- On the Members tab, select the necessary team members to add to your team.
- Click Save & Close.