You can create a story from a predefined template for a quicker, more efficient, and consistent work process. Tasks are also included into the template so you can add standard tasks related to the story.
A story created from a story template inherits such template’s fields as Description, MMF, Automation status, parent Feature, Assigned, Program Increment, Team, LOE and LOV, Tags, Design/Assumptions/Notes, Persona, Tasks, Acceptance Criteria, and any comments left in the Chat section. State will default to Pending Approval, and Type – to User. Custom fields are not inherited.
Create story templates from the stories page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Items in the top navigation bar.
- Select Stories; the stories page displays.
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view stories for.
- On the sidebar, select Stories in the list of options; the stories page displays, filtered by the selected team.
Note: This page supports filtering by portfolios, solutions, programs, or teams outside of your sidebar team selection.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Stories; the stories page displays.
To create a story template:
- On the stories page, select Add Story on the toolbar.
- Enter the story’s name and description in the corresponding fields.
- Select the story’s state, and then select Template from the Type drop-down menu.
- Fill in all the necessary fields. You can find more information on the fields in the Manage stories topic.
- Click Save & Close.
To create a story from a template:
- On the stories page, select the Add Story button on the toolbar (top-right of the page).
- On the story's slide-out panel, click Add from template.
- From the Program drop-down menu, select the program with the story template you want to use.
- From the Template drop-down menu, select the story template.
- In the Story Name box, type the story name.
- Click Create. All the tasks belonging to the story are also included.