About this report
The Points Delivered By Type report shows the count of accepted story points for a specific program over the span of a PI, grouped by story type. Story types include: User, Database, Enablement, Template, Automation, Defect, and Design Spike. The Story Type value is set via the Story Type dropdown menu on a story's Details panel. The most common story type is User.
The report displays the data in the form of a stacked bar chart grouped by sprints within the target PI. Use the Extra Configs button to further filter the report by release vehicles or teams. You can hover over the bars in the chart to display popup counts of total accepted story points and accepted points by type for a specific sprint.
It is beneficial to review the report regularly to assist in making future work commitments and identify any negative trends early. This report can be used by Scrum Masters, team and QA managers, and QA/development staff to track story point progress, by story type, over sprints within a PI.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Epic must be created and tied to PI.
- Features must be created and tied to PI.
- Stories must be created and tied to features; the Story Type parameter must be set for stories.
- Teams must be using story points.
- Optionally, release vehicles can be defined and tied to a PI.
How are report values calculated?
- [Type name]: The sum of effort points from stories with the specified type, accepted during the specified sprint.
- Accepted Story Points: The sum of effort points from all stories accepted during the specified sprint.
How to interpret this report
At the end of each sprint and/or PI, this report should be reviewed to determine how teams are progressing with each story type, as it relates to the previous reporting period. This report will assist in future workload commitments and identify negative trends early to allow for adjustments to be made to greatly improve the chance of delivering on commitments.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.