About this report
The Points Planned vs. Points Accepted report displays planned versus accepted story points for a specific program over the span of a PI. The report displays the data in the form of a bar chart grouped by sprints within the target PI. Use the Extra Configs button to further filter the report by release vehicles or teams.
It is beneficial to review the report regularly to assist in making future work commitments and identify any negative trends early. This report can be used by Scrum Masters, team and QA managers, and QA/development staff to track story point progress over sprints within a PI.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Epic must be created and tied to PI.
- Features must be created and tied to PI.
- Teams must be using story points.
- Optionally, release vehicles can be defined and tied to a PI
How are report values calculated?
- Planned: The sum of effort points from all stories planned in the sprint.
- Adding or removing stories after the sprint start date will change this value.
- Accepted: The sum of effort points from all accepted stories planned in the sprint.
- Accepting stories after the sprint end date will change this value.
How to interpret this report
At the end of each sprint and/or PI, this report should be reviewed to determine how teams are progressing as it relates to the previous reporting period. This report will assist in future workload commitments and identify negative trends early to allow for adjustments to be made to greatly improve the chance of delivering on commitments.