Create a saved instance of your current roadmap view to use as a benchmark or reporting tool. You will create a fully functional roadmap, however, it is no longer based on live data. This option is available in the Work view.
Note: Access to the Roadmaps Detached Instance option is controlled by the system permission Professional Roadmaps, which can be found on the roles page under Additional Options.
To create a detached instance:
- Navigate to the roadmaps page.
- If you’re using the new navigation, ensure that the correct entity is selected in the sidebar, then select a PI from the Program Increment dropdown on the sidebar. If you’re using the old navigation, select a program and a PI from the corresponding dropdown menus on the Configuration bar on the top.
Note: You can select a custom PI range under Select Range or a date range under Quick Selects.
- Click the Detached Instance menu on the toolbar, and then click Create New Instance.
- Type a unique title for your roadmap instance, and then click Create Instance.
- Copy the link from the Instance Link box and save it for your records, and then click Done.
- There is a known issue in which the info message that displays when saving a detached instance displays incorrect information about whether users can save a shared instance after editing. Users you share the instance with can view and make edits inside a detached instance, but changes will not be saved when leaving the page.
- To view saved instances, click Detached Instance > View My Instances. The list includes 20 most recent detached roadmap instances. Clicking a detached instance link from the grid opens a new browser tab with that detached roadmap.
- Creating a detached instance does not affect any of the underlying data.
- Any user that wants to view your saved roadmap instance must be signed in to Jira Align.