Create a saved instance of your current roadmap view to use as a benchmark or reporting tool. You will create a fully functional roadmap, however, it is no longer based on live data. This option is available in the Work view.
Note: Access to the Roadmaps Detached Instance option is controlled by the system permission Professional Roadmaps, which can be found under Administration > Roles > Jira Align Roles > Additional Options.
To create a detached instance:
- Open the Program menu.
- On the left panel, click Manage, and then click Roadmaps.
- Select a program and a PI from the corresponding drop-down menus on the Configuration bar on the top.
Note: You can select a custom PI range under Select Range or a date range under Quick Selects.
- Click the Detached Instance menu on the toolbar, and then click Create New Instance.
- Type a unique title for your roadmap instance, and then click Create Instance.
- Copy the link from the Instance Link box and save it for your records, and then click Done.
- To view saved instances, click Detached Instance > View My Instances. The list includes 20 most recent detached roadmap instances. Clicking a detached instance link from the grid opens a new browser tab with that detached roadmap.
- Creating a detached instance does not affect any of the underlying data.
- Any user that you share the link to this instance with will be able to edit and save their own version with their own unique URL and title.
- Any user that wants to view your saved roadmap instance must be signed in to Jira Align.