This article provides an overview of the roles and process when migrating Jira Align from an on-premise instance to the cloud.
On this page:
Depending on the method used, one or more individuals and teams may assist with your migration request:
- Jira Align Enterprise Solutions Specialist (ESS), or Solution Architect (SA): Assists with coordination between you and Jira Align Support.
- Jira Align Support: Intakes and manages your migration request through a submitted support ticket.
- Your team: Assists with administration and configuration in Jira Align. Please ensure you have contacts in your organization with administrative privileges ready to perform any requested changes.
To migrate Jira Align, complete the following steps for pre-migration, migration, and post-migration:
- Contact your Enterprise Solutions Strategist (ESS), or Solutions Architect (SA) to review your requirements.
- Submit a ticket to Jira Align Support. You and your ESS or SA should include the following information:
- The desired migration timeline.
- Confirm that an Amazon Web Services S3 bucket is acceptable for transferring your Jira Align database backup files. This method is preferred, and recommended by support.
- If the migration will be to a multi-tenant or dedicated virtual private cloud (VPC).
- If there are any SSO connections that will be required.
- If you have the on-premise version of Enterprise Insights (EI) installed, and if EI should be provisioned to a multi-tenant or dedicated virtual private cloud (VPC).
- If there are any connectors that must be migrated. If so, include network connectivity requirements including, but not limited to:
- The version of Jira Software being used, Cloud or Data Center.
- If there is an IP allowlist or mutual TLS for your Jira Software site. If so, Jira Align Support will need to provide Jira Align IPs and/or the certificate to enable communication between Jira Align and Jira.
- The requested instance URL names for Jira Align Cloud. A support engineer can work with you to create these.
- Confirm that the license dates, site location (e.g. USA, Frankfurt, Sydney), and user counts will remain the same after migration to the cloud.
- Prepare your on-premise instance for backups:
- Stop the connector Windows service(s) from the Jira Align on-premise web server.
- Deactivate the connector(s) from the Jira Align UI.
- Stop the website from the Jira Align on-premise web server.
- Stop Internet Information Services (IIS) from the Jira Align on-premise web server.
- Create a database backup and upload it to an AWS S3 bucket (encrypted) provided by Atlassian.
- Do not use the on-premise site after the database backup file is generated.
- The Jira Align infrastructure team will load your database backup file into the Jira Align Cloud instance. We’ll let you know once this is complete.
- Jira Align Support will activate the manual login page for your cloud instance.
- You'll be asked to log in as a Jira Align Administrator, and validate the following:
- User migration
- Project migration
- Access to all connectors