From the Admin > Time Tracking settings page, you can create, update, and search for identification and work codes. To view the codes, you need to do a search first.
Note: To access this settings page, your system role must have the Administration > Work Code Admin permission enabled.
To create an identification or a work code:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Time Tracking under Settings.
- Under Manage Identification Codes and Work Codes, click Create New.
- In the Work Code box, type a name for the work code.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select the work code type.
Note: You cannot change the work code type after it is created.
- In the Description box, type a short description of the work code.
- Click in the Cost Center box, and then select the cost centers to which you want to assign the work code.
- From the State drop-down menu, select whether the code is enabled or not.
- Click Save.
Note: To edit a code, search for the code, and then click the Edit link next to it.
To filter identification and work codes:
- Click the Apply Filters button next to the search field to add the filtering criteria.
- In the dialog box that displays, select your filtering criteria from the drop-down menu.
- To further refine the filter, click the plus sign next to the drop-down menu to activate another field where you can add specific search strings to include in the filter.
- Click the Filter button to view the results.