In Jira Align, you can add users, assign them roles, and add them to the teams.
To add a user:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar.
- Under Access Controls, click People, and then click the Add User button.
- Complete the required fields and optional fields if needed.
- User Start and End Dates are used to schedule when a user can have access to Jira Align so you can create a user account in advance, but the account cannot be used until the start date. Access will be granted at midnight (12 A.M.) of the selected date. The start date can be set up to 30 days in the past. You can also set the last day the user can have access to Jira Align and have the account closed on that day automatically. The account is closed at 11:59 P.M. of the selected date, which can be today, one day before today, or any day in the future. If you do not enter a start date when creating the account, the date will automatically be filled with the date the record is created. If you do not enter an end date, the date will automatically be filled with the date the record is deaсtivated. If the user is automatically deactivated, the end date is set for the day of deactivation.
- User Type defines the user as External (can only submit ideas and enhancements) or Internal (fully functioning role-based users).
- External ID is used for SSO authentication. You can set and manually make changes to a user's External ID as necessary.
- Employee ID is used to tie the employee’s ID to other data if your company exports data to other systems. This field is alpha-numeric and supports special characters. This field is available only if you turn it on under Administration > Settings > Platform > Users.
- For the role definitions, see the Roles section.
- Enterprise Hierarchy allows you to tie users to the location in the enterprise hierarchy they are associated with to limit the time approvers who can review and approve their time. For time tracking, you also need to set the category, cost center, and company codes on the enterprise hierarchy’s page (Administration > Setup > Organization Structures) so that information can flow through the system and be available in reports.
- Company and Company ID options can be tied to your internal corporate systems and external data marts. These fields are available only if you turn them on under Administration > Settings > Platform > Users.
- If you do not see the appropriate region, you can add regions from the Administration > Setup > Regions menu.
- If a city is not tied to a region, it shows under any region selected. You can add cities from the Administration > Setup > Cities menu.
- To create cost centers, go to Administration > Setup > Cost Centers, and then click Add Cost Center on the toolbar.
- Idea Access (appears on Save) allows you to secure Idea Groups by user ID.
- If you add users who will track time in Jira Align in addition to the common usage of the product, see the Add time tracking users topic for more information.
4. Click Save.
5. Open the Teams tab. Here, you can add the user to teams. Under Assigned to Teams, you can view all teams the user is a member of.
6. Click Save & Close.