With the export option, you can store your working items and other objects in one document. You can also use this option to email or review the data. The exported file is saved in the Excel format. You can export themes, epics, capabilities, features, stories, and much more.
Pay attention to these Excel maximum limits for good performance during the export process. You can find more information on Excel specifications and limits here.
- Column width – 255 characters
- Total number of characters that a cell can contain – 32,767 characters
- Maximum number of line feeds per cell – 253
As an example, this topic describes the procedure of exporting stories. In the export file, the story rank will be down to the sprint level, meaning stories are ranked against other stories from their team in the same sprint.
Export stories from the stories page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view stories for.
- On the sidebar, select Stories in the list of options; the stories page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Stories; the stories page displays.
To export stories:
- On the stories page, select Export Stories from the More Actions menu on the toolbar (top-right of the page).
- Select if you want to include acceptance criteria and HTML formatting into the exported file.
Note: If HTML formatting is removed, the text will not be formatted when re-imported.
- Click Export.
- Select the location for the document, and then click Save.