Kanban board is a card system for regulating the sequence of work and is used to visualize the workflow.
In the Kanban Boards Grid, you can use a filter option to narrow down the list of selected criteria displayed in a grid. For example, you may want to filter the list of Kanban boards by a title, a team, and by the overloaded and state mapping options. Additionally, you can click a column header to sort the list.
To create a Kanban board:
- Select Program from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section of the menu bar, select Kanban Boards; the Kanban Boards page displays.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Board button.
- Type the board title and the description in the corresponding boxes.
- From the Team drop-down menu, select the necessary team for the board.
- Turn on Allow Overloading if you want to allow a user to add more cards to a column even when WIP (work in progress) limit is exceeded.
- Turn on Allow State Mapping to map the Kanban board states to the default story states for your story workflow.
- Click Save. The Manage Users and Manage Cards tabs appear (see below).
Add users to your board
After setting up the Kanban board, you can manage its users. Everybody on the selected team has access to the Kanban board; they can view but not manage it.
To add users:
- On the Board slide-out panel, click the Manage Users tab.
- Select the necessary users from the drop-down menu, and then assign each user a role:
- Admin: Full access to setup and other functions.
- Edit Boards: Permission to change the layout of boards.
- Manage Cards: Permission to edit cards.
- View Cards: View access only.
Note: The person who owns the board should be the Admin.
Cards are what you see on the board when it is set up. The cards you select in this section are the ones displayed on the Kanban board.
To manage cards:
- On the Board slide-out panel, click the Manage Cards tab.
- If you want to add a custom card to the Kanban board, type the title of the card in the Custom Cards box, and then click Add.
- In the list of available cards, turn on the Visible option next to the cards you want to make visible on your board.
- From the color drop-down menus, select the color for each card.
- Scroll down, turn on the options next to items you want to display on the individual cards, and then select those items’ alignment on the card from the drop-down menus.
- Click Save & Close.
- You can change the color names in the Alternative Name boxes.
- You can view an example of the card you customize on the right. Note that you can select different types of aging of the card: Age in Column shows the amount of time the card spent in a specific column, and Age on Board shows the amount of time the card spent on the board in general.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.