An Agile team is related to one program, and members of the team can access all the team’s data and view work for other teams in the same program.
Create a team as a group with appropriate roles that are replicated to every sprint so that you can ensure roles, allocations, and role-specific actions are all tracked and aligned properly. Team members, their roles and allocations are copied to each sprint. Any changes—a member added or deleted, or allocations changed—will update all sprints that are not in the In Development or Completed states. These changes will apply only to sprints with default settings and not the ones that were changed manually on a sprint level. Likewise, any changes made to a sprint will update the team.
To create an Agile team:
- Select Team from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section of the menu bar, select Teams; the Teams page displays.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Team button.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Agile Team. All team types have different capabilities, but many restrict the ability to assign work at the team level. To ensure the Agile and Scrum teams have full functionality, it is recommended that you select the Agile Team type.
- Type your team’s name and the description of the team’s main focus and responsibilities.
- Type the team’s short name. The short name must consist of only 5 characters (for example, INCRD for Incredibles).
- Type the sprint prefix, which will be used during sprint creation.
Note: You can find information on a sprint prefix here.
- Select the program you want to tie the team to.
- From the Burn Hours drop-down menu, select the daily maximum hours expected for story points.
- Select the region the team belongs to and operates in.
- From the Track By drop-down menu, select a method for tracking the team’s work. Choose a method that suits your project needs best: either hours or points.
- Select if you want to allow task deletion from active sprints. Allowing team members to delete tasks may affect the burndown and team capacity.
- Select if you want to allow the team to run standups, and then click Save.
To add members to an Agile team:
- On the Members tab, select the necessary team members to add to your team.
- Under Team Roles, select the role for each team member. Team roles are copied to all sprints of this team automatically.
- Click Save.
To set up allocations:
- Select Allocations from the list on the right side of the slide-out panel.
- In the Team Allocations dialog box, set up allocations for each team member.
- Click Save, and then close the dialog box. Allocations are retained as the default allocations for all team members and are copied to all sprints of this team.
- Open the Sprints tab, and then select the check boxes next to the sprints for which you want to set up allocations.
- Click Copy Allocations, and then close the slide-out panel.
- Allocations may be over-written at the sprint level during the sprint planning meeting or on the Capacity Planning When changed, these apply only to the sprint(s) in which the changes were made.
- Team members that have allocations in other teams will have an information icon next to their name. Click this icon to view detailed allocations the users have for other teams.
- Set the Active field in a team’s Details slide-out to No to make the team inactive. Inactive teams can no longer be assigned to work items during creation or editing, but previous assignments will continue to display. Inactive teams will not be available in page filters or the Configuration bar. Historical team data will continue to display when running reports, but the team cannot be specified in report filters or settings.
- To delete a team, select a checkbox next to the team you want to delete, and then select Delete from the More Actions menu on the toolbar. Deleting a team will also delete the data related to the team and could affect metrics related to that team's work over time.
- The Email Column and Icon within the Teams Grid will provide users with the email addresses of Team members tied to each role including All Team Members, Scrum Masters, QA Leads, Product Owners, Analysts, and Stakeholders.