A task is a unit of work the team performs to deliver a backlog item that is estimated in hours.
Tasks are assigned to stories to track their progress. Task types vary and reflect the work of the main teams: development, QA, and documentation. After all tasks are finished, you can close the story and mark it as Done.
To create a task:
- Select Team from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section of the menu bar, select Tasks; the Task page displays.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Task button.
- Type the name and description of the task in the corresponding boxes.
- Set the following parameters for the task:
- State: not started, in progress, or done.
- Type: development, documentation, enablement, supporting, or QA task.
- Blocked or not.
- Automated or not.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.