A task is a unit of work the team performs to deliver a backlog item that is estimated in hours.
Tasks are assigned to stories to track their progress. Task types vary and reflect the work of the main teams: development, QA, and documentation. After all tasks are finished, you can close the story and mark it as Done.
To create a task:
- Select Team from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section of the menu bar, select Tasks; the Task page displays.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Task button.
- Type the name and description of the task in the corresponding boxes.
- Set the following parameters for the task:
- State: not started, in progress, or done.
- Type: development, documentation, enablement, supporting, or QA task.
- Blocked or not.
- Automated or not.