Stories are small, incremental pieces of functionality that capture what a user needs and why. Multiple tasks are typically assigned to a story, and a story fits within a single sprint. Create stories from any page with the Create button in the top navigation bar.
Alternatively, you can create stories from the stories page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Items in the top navigation bar.
- Select Stories; the stories page displays.
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view stories for.
- On the sidebar, select Stories in the list of options; the stories page displays, filtered by the selected team.
Note: This page supports filtering by portfolios, solutions, programs, or teams outside of your sidebar team selection.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Stories; the stories page displays.
To create a story:
- On the stories page, select the Add Story button in the upper-right.
- Complete the required fields, and then select Save & Close.
You also have the ability to create new stories within a feature from the feature's Details panel. This is useful for breaking down functionality of a feature into sprint-sized stories for execution.
Note: Add at least three stories to each feature to create a proper hierarchy.