Capabilities are similar to features, but they describe higher-level solution behaviors than the features do. Capabilities fit within a single program increment to assure that incremental and measurable value is continuously delivered. They are also used by large organizations that break down epics to a more granular level.
To build the proper hierarchy, add a capability to an epic. However, capabilities can only be added to an epic that does not have a feature associated with it.
To create a capability:
- Select Portfolio from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section, select Epics; the Epics page displays.
- Select the necessary epic from the Epics Grid.
- On the Epic slide-out panel, under Capabilities, add the capability’s name, type the estimate for the capability, select its state, and then click Add.
- Close the slide-out panel.
Note: Add at least two capabilities to each epic to create a proper hierarchy.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.