You can add products to Jira Align to manage and report on a backlog of work by product and product line.
To create a product:
- Select Product Management from the left menu bar, and then click Products under Product.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Product button.
- Add a product’s full and short names in the corresponding boxes.
- Set the product to active or inactive. Active and inactive states mean that the product is available or unavailable for selection on the Configuration bar.
- Select an organization structure to which the product belongs, and then set the parent product for this product.
- Select a business model, which is a visual chart with elements describing a product's value proposition, infrastructure, customers, and finances.
- Select a product vision. A product can only tie to one vision, but one product vision can have multiple products associated.
- Click Save. Additional sections appear:
- Tie personas to the product.
- Establish product–competitor relationships. If you delete a competitor, all associated relationships will also be removed.
- Associate products with roadmap detached instances.
- Click Save & Close.