Epics are large, typically crosscutting, customer-facing initiatives that include new development necessary to realize certain business benefits. Multiple capabilities are typically assigned to an epic, and an epic may span multiple program increments. Multiple features can be tied to an epic if this epic does not have any capabilities.
Create epics from any page with the Create button in the top navigation bar. Alternatively, use the epics page to create epics:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Portfolios in the top navigation bar and select the portfolio you want to create epics for.
- Select Epics in the list of page options; the epics page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Portfolio from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Epics; the epics page displays.
To create an epic:
- On the epics page, select the Add Epic button on the toolbar (top-right of the page).
- Complete the required fields, and then click Save & Close.
Note: Add at least two epics to create a proper hierarchy.