You can export work items in a backlog priority order so that you can groom work items from the backlog for an upcoming PI. The priority rank from the backlog is exported as well for offline grooming, ranking, and prioritization meetings. The rank is the actual rank based on what you set up on the Configuration bar and not the global rank ID.
Export applies to the following backlog levels: themes, epics, capabilities, features, stories, and defects. The exported file is saved in the CSV format. It cannot be imported back into the application.
As an example, this topic describes the procedure of exporting features.
To export features from the backlog:
- Select Program from the left menu bar.
- Under the Program section of the menu bar, select Backlog; the Backlog page displays.
- From the Portfolio/Program/Team menu on the Configuration bar, select the level of hierarchy for your backlog. For this procedure, select a program, and then click Apply.
- From the Viewing drop-down menu on the toolbar (top-left of the page), select Feature Backlog.
- Click Export next to the PI for which you want to export features. The export option is available for each PI bucket.
- Select the location for the document, and then click Save.