A solution is used to group programs when a multi-program consolidated view is required routinely. For example, if you need to report on Business and Consumer Enablers as a consolidated program, then you may create a solution Enablers that is a program of both. Solutions are not permitted to be assigned any work items. These must be assigned to one or more unique programs. Use solutions to filter the reports easily rather than to add every associated child program to get the overall result.
To create a solution:
- If you’re using the new navigation, select the Settings gear in the top navigation bar. If you’re using the old navigation, select Administration in the left Nav menu.
- On the left side of the page, select Programs in the Setup section.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Program button.
- Type a name for your solution, and then select Yes from the Solution drop-down menu.
- From the corresponding drop-down menu, select a portfolio the solution will be tied to, and then click Save & Close.
Next, you need to associate programs with the created solution via the Solution drop-down menu on the Program slide-out panel.