Turn mock ups, diagrams, graphics, flowcharts, or other pictures into interactive, responsive images in Jira Align. Hot spots--clickable regions defined on an image--can link directly to Jira Align pages or external links, such as websites or videos.
We suggest working with your Jira Align Solution Architect to build and design a custom interactive image that meets the needs of your organization.
To access the User-Mapped Interactive Image page in Jira Align, select Enterprise > Transform > Framework Maps or Program > Transform > Framework Maps from the Navigation menu.
Create a User-Mapped Interactive Image
To create an interactive image:
Select an Image
- On the User-Mapped Interactive Image page, click Add Interactive Image at the top-right of the page; the Add New Interactive Image dialog box displays.
- Enter a name for the image in the Add New Interactive Image dialog box, and then click Add; the Photo Management dialog box displays.
- On the Photo Management dialog box, click Select File; navigate to the desired image file, and then double-click to select it. A preview of the selected image displays in the Photo Management dialog box. Click Apply to add the image.
Images that have been added display in the Existing Interactive Pictures panel on the left of the page.
Define Hot Spots (Map an Image)
- Make sure the desired image is selected in the Existing Interactive Pictures panel on the left of the page and the image displays in the work space.
- Click Define Interactive Section at the top-right of the page. The image appears in edit mode.
- Click and drag a rectangular box around the desired section of the image to create a hot spot, and then click Save Section at the top-right of the page. The Interactive Section slide-out panel displays.
- Use the Interactive Section panel to define options for the hot spot. Enter a description in the Description
- Tie the section to a persona using the Persona drop-down menu.
- In the Step Link field, tie the hot spot to an Jira Align page. Start typing the name of an Jira Align page to see a list of available pages that can be linked to the section.
- Optionally, link the hot spot to an external web page or video by enabling the Use Video/Ext Link toggle and then entering the target URL in the Video/Ext Link
- Click Save & Close. A list of personas tied to hot spots displays on the right in the Highlight Personas Select a persona in the list to highlight its associated hot spots on the target image.
- Click Done at the top-right of the page to save and activate the hot spot.
- Repeat steps 2-9 to add multiple hot spots to the image, as desired.
- Use the Highlight Sections toggle at the top-right of the page to display a highlight box around the hot spot, if desired.
- Edit hot spots as needed by clicking Edit Interactive Sections at the top-right of the page, clicking the target hot spot, and then editing its parameters in the Interactive Section panel.
Change an Image
- Make sure the desired image is selected in the Existing Interactive Pictures pane on the left of the page and the image displays in the work space.
- Click the Change Image button on the top-right of the page. A confirmation message appears.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to change the image. The Photo Management dialog box
- In the dialog box, click Select File, locate your new and double-click to select it. A preview of the selected image displays.
- Click Apply to add the image. The image displayed in the work space changes to display your new image.
- Define hot spots for the new image as desired.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.