About this report
The Program Predictability report shows the percent of completed objectives achieved for a selected time period to gain a better understanding of the group's ability to deliver. The report displays the data in the form of a line chart by team/program with an average line across all selected teams/programs. For team objectives, teams appear on the bottom of the chart and for all other objective levels, programs appear. It is beneficial to review the report with team members during PI planning to review the team delivery versus currently planned commitments.
Use the Tier dropdown to choose the level of objectives displayed in the report. You may select from team, program, solution, or portfolio objectives.
Use Extra Configs on the top-right of the page to filter the report by additional options:
- View. By default, the report is filtered by PIs. You can also filter the report by quarters or years.
- Dates. Filter by the PI start and end dates.
- Category. Filter by feature categories.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- Portfolio must be created in the system.
- Program must be created and tied to a portfolio.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Epic must be created and tied to a PI.
- Features must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must assign work to Objectives.
How are report values calculated?
- A line is added to the chart for each team/program grouped by PI for the specified time period.
- Objective Progress: ((Sum of delivered value from critical path and stretch goal objectives planned in the PI) / (Sum of planned value from critical path objectives planned in the PI)) * 100
- All Teams: This trend line shows the average across all teams/programs of the calculation for individuals teams or programs -- ((Sum of delivered value from critical path and stretch goal objectives planned in the PI) / (Sum of planned value from critical path objectives planned in the PI)) * 100
How to interpret this report
During PI planning this report should be used to look at each teams committed objectives to compare against the historical average of completed objectives to ensure teams have the capacity to deliver on their commitments. In addition, this report provides the ability to quickly export the data for any ongoing status reporting.