About this report
The Velocity Trend (Planned vs. Actual Velocity Variation by Team) report compares the variation of planned and actual velocity by team over a specified period. The report displays the data in the form of a bar chart grouped by time period. It is beneficial to review the report regularly to assist in making future work commitments for highly predictable teams and identify any negative trends early.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Epic must be created and tied to PI.
- Features must be created and tied to PI.
- Teams must be using story points.
How are report values calculated?
- Divides the actual velocity (total effort points accepted for a sprint) by the planned velocity (total effort points planned for a sprint) to display a team percentage over a specified period of time.
How to interpret this report
At the end of each release at the program retrospective this report should be reviewed to determine how teams are progressing as it relates to the previous reporting period. This report will assist in future workload commitments by identifying highly predictable teams and identify negative trends early to allow for adjustments to be made to greatly improve the chance of delivering on commitments. In addition, this report provides the ability to quickly export the data for any ongoing status reporting.