About this report
The Story Point Progress by Team report compares the variation of planned and accepted story points by team during one or more program increments. The report displays the data in the form of a dual-bar chart grouped by time period. It is beneficial to review the report regularly to assist in making future work commitments for highly predictable teams and identify any negative trends early.
The chart shows data for teams with a type of Agile only. Kanban team data is not included.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Agile teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Epic must be created and tied to PI.
- Features must be created and tied to PI.
- Teams must be using story points.
- Stories with effort point estimates must be tied to a sprint in the PI.
Note: Viewing the report requires both the Program > Transform > Story Point Progress by Team and the Additional Options > Reports > Planned vs. Actual Velocity by Team (trend) system role permission toggles.
How are report values calculated?
- The blue points planned bar for each team shows the sum of effort points from stories planned in the program increment(s) selected in the Configuration bar.
- The green points accepted bar for each team shows the sum of effort points from accepted stories assigned to the program increment selected in the Configuration bar.
- Orphan stories that do not have a parent feature, but are assigned to the selected PI(s), are included in each bar on the chart.
- Misaligned stories that are assigned to a sprint that is not associated with the selected PI(s) are not included in each bar on the chart.
- Kanban teams are not included in the report.
How to interpret this report
At the end of each PI, during the program retrospective, this report should be reviewed to determine how teams are progressing as it relates to the previous reporting period. This report will assist in future workload commitments by identifying highly predictable teams and identify negative trends early to allow for adjustments to be made to greatly improve the chance of delivering on commitments. In addition, this report provides the ability to quickly export the data for any ongoing status reporting.