About this report
The Risk Status report provides a list of impediments and risks that impact a selected PI. The report has several filters, including:
- Show All: show all active and inactive impediments and risks.
- Show Active: show only active impediments and risks.
- Age Analysis: list active impediments and risks by age, oldest first; inactive impediments and risks are listed by how many days they took to close.
- Exposure: list risks by probability of occurrence and level of impact (risks only).
- Owners: list impediments and risks, grouped by owner.
- Contingency: list risks with their associated descriptions, consequences, contingency plans, and mitigation strategies (risks only).
The report is beneficial to Scrum Masters, team leaders and members, and product owners for tracking issues that can hinder or impede delivery, as well as influencing factors that can adversely affect the outcome of your PI. It may be beneficial to review the report daily during a sprint cycle, and also review with stakeholders during the Sprint Retrospective meeting.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to the PI.
- Risks must be created and assigned to a PI.
- Impediments must be created and tied to a team or story.
- Teams and Stories must be created and tied to a sprint.
How are report values calculated?
- Impediments, along with their age and owners, are pulled from the Impediments page/New Impediment panel, tied to team or story included in the selected PI.
- Risks, along with their age, owners, and documentation (descriptions, consequences, contingency plans, and mitigation strategies), are pulled from the Risks page/New Risk panel, tied to the selected PI.
How to interpret this report
Impediments and risks impact your delivery, so they should be mitigated as soon as possible. A higher risk and/or impediment count, especially late in a sprint cycle, jeopardizes the success of your project. Risks with high total exposures, in the critical path, should be resolved first.