About this report
The sprint quality report displays the overall progress of the selected sprint at the quality level, providing a status of the stories via visual progress of story defects, test cases, and acceptance criteria per story. Each story is shown with color-coded "speedometer" progress bars for each of the three elements (story defects, test cases, and acceptance criteria) to the right of the story ID and name. On the far right are three icons representing each of the elements with a simple good or bad rating.
Selecting any of the speedometers will open the related grid (defects, test cases, acceptance stories) filtered for the story in question.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Sprint health; the report displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Nav menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- Program increment (PI) must exist in the system, and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must exist in the system, and be tied to a team.
- Features must be created and tied to the PI.
- Stories, with point values, must be created and tied to features.
- Stories must be assigned to the selected sprint.
- Stories must have test cases and acceptance criteria assigned in order to drive the progress bars. Story defects are not required.
How are report values calculated?
- Story defects progress = Number of story defects found / number of story defects resolved
- Test cases progress = Number of test cases created for the story / number of test cases passed
- Acceptance criteria progress = Number of acceptance criteria for the story / number of acceptance criteria passed
- Gray progress bar = 0% completion of a particular area (story defects, test cases, acceptance criteria)
- Progress bar coloring moves from gray (when zero percent complete) through shades of red, yellow, orange, and green (when 100% complete).
- "Good" score on an icon to the right is based on two factors. If either factor is met, then the icon is marked "GOOD".
- Total items (defects, test cases, acceptance criteria) open = zero or
- Percentage of items complete = 100%.
- Total items (defects, test cases, acceptance criteria) open >= one or
- Percentage of items complete < 100%.
How to interpret this report
This report is a quick way to appraise the status of the sprint quality by story at any time. Problem areas quickly jump out as they are clearly marked in red or "bad."
If used during the daily standup, the team can quickly see the overall progress of each story, based on quality metrics.
Bars will remain gray until xx% of the relevant items have been completed, at which point they will move to yellow. Only when 100% of relevant items are complete will the bars turn green.