About this report
The status by column report shows a summary of how many cards are in each state for a specified Kanban board. The report provides this information in the form of a circle chart which provides a visual representation of the number of stories in each state. It is beneficial to review the report with team members daily to assure the work in progress is optimized for flow.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Strategy, Portfolios, Solutions, Programs, or Teams in the top navigation bar and select the entity you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Status by column; the report displays.
Note: This report does not filter by the scope or time selected on the sidebar.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Nav menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Features must be created and tied to the PI.
- Stories must be created.
- Stories must be assigned to the selected Kanban board.
How are report values calculated?
- Story state is pulled from the Kanban board.
How to interpret this report
The goal of a Kanban system is to limit the amount of work in process so the work flowing through the system matches its capacity. The report provides a quick snapshot of the number of stories in each state that should be used to ensure teams are operating within established work in progress limits (if applicable) and monitoring the amount of work in progress to optimize flow to deliver the most planned value.