About this report
The WIP Limit Infractions report captures the number of stories that exceed the WIP limit for each state on the kanban board for a specific team. The report provides this information by day in the form of a line graph over a 15 day period.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Features must be created and tied to the PI.
- Stories must be created.
- Stories must be assigned to selected kanban board.
- WIP limits are setup on selected kanban board.
How are report values calculated?
- Count of cards over the established WIP limits is pulled from the selected kanban board.
How to interpret this report
The goal of a kanban system is to limit the amount of work in process so the work flowing through the system matches its capacity. The report provides a snapshot of the number of stories for each state over the established WIP. This story can be used to assure teams limit their work in progress to optimize flow across the kanban system.