About this report
The Automation Trend (Stories) report, in the form of a line graph, displays a count of stories that have been created and assigned to a team for a selected PI, and a count of the stories that have been marked as automated. Automation is a flag in Jira Align to indicate automated testing has been created for the work item. Each story can be automated or not automated, as shown below:
This report can be used by Scrum Masters, team and QA managers, and QA/development staff to track automation trends for stories during a PI. It is beneficial to review the report with team members during PI or Sprint Review meetings.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint and team; automaton flag should be set.
- Teams must be created and assigned to stories.
How are report values calculated?
- Story counts, and counts for the automation flag for stories, are pulled from the Stories page.
How to interpret this report
In this line graph, the count of stories is on the Y axis, and the dates within the selected PI are on the X axis.
This report is a quick way to spot automation trends for stories mid-PI. In general, it is beneficial to automate as many of the stories as possible, so optimally, the two lines should trend closely together.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.