About this report
The card movement report captures the movement of cards across the Kanban board. The report provides this information in the form of a line graph with color coding.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Strategy, Portfolios, Solutions, Programs, or Teams in the top navigation bar and select the entity you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Card movement; the report displays.
Note: This report does not filter by the scope or time selected on the sidebar.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Nav menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Features must be created and tied to the PI.
- Work items must be created.
- Work items must be assigned to selected Kanban board.
How are report values calculated?
- Movement of cards is pulled from the selected Kanban board.
How to interpret this report
The goal of a Kanban system is to limit the amount of work in process so the work flowing through the system matches its capacity. The report provides a snapshot of cards moving from different locations through the Kanban board: the backlog, board columns, and archive. This report can be used to show trends of when and how many work items get added to the Kanban board.