The Automation Trend (Acceptance) report, in the form of a line graph, displays a count of acceptance criteria created for stories assigned to a team for a selected PI, and a count of acceptance criteria that have been marked as automated. Automation is a flag in Jira Align to indicate automated testing has been created for the work item. Each acceptance criterion for a story can be automated or not automated, as shown below:
This report can be used by Scrum Masters, team and QA managers, and QA/development staff to track automation trends for acceptance criteria during a PI. It is beneficial to review the report with team members during PI or Sprint Review meetings.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint and team.
- Acceptance criteria must be created and tied to stories; Automaton flag should be set.
- Teams must be created and assigned to stories.
How are report values calculated?
- Acceptance criteria counts and counts for the automation flag for acceptance criteria, are pulled from the Acceptance Tests page.
How to interpret this report
In this line graph, the count of acceptance criteria is on the Y axis, and the dates within the selected PI are on the X axis.
This report is a quick way to spot automation trends for acceptance criteria mid-PI. In general, it is beneficial to automate as many of the acceptance criteria as possible, so optimally, the two lines should trend closely together.