About this report
The cumulative counts report shows individual counts of each story by workflow status by column for the last three months. The report provides this information in the form of a line graph will color coding representing each workflow status by state.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Strategy, Portfolios, Solutions, Programs, or Teams in the top navigation bar and select the entity you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Cumulative counts; the report displays.
Note: This report does not filter by the scope or time selected on the sidebar.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Nav menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Features must be created and tied to the PI.
- Stories must be created.
- Stories must be assigned to selected kanban board.
- Work Item states must be mapped to the kanban board columns.
How are report values calculated?
- Cumulative count of stories is pulled from the Kanban board for each workflow status by state.
How to interpret this report
The goal of a Kanban system is to limit the amount of work in process so the work flowing through the system matches its capacity. The report provides a holistic view of the number of stories in each workflow status by state providing a quick snapshot of the scope of work of the entire Kanban board for the past few months. This report can be used to show trends in how the work flows into and through the kanban system.