About this report
The Team Member Allocation report captures the detailed allocation for a user per sprint. This report provides the comparison of users allocations over all current and future sprints to which the user is assigned.
The report is beneficial to Scrum Masters and team leaders to assess the accuracy of user allocations and task estimates. It can be useful to review the report with team members during sprint planning and sprint review meetings. This report is generated by selecting a specific user.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Users must exist in the system and be included in teams.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program and a sprint.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint.
- Tasks must be created and tied to stories.
- Task hours must be estimated and logged.
- Task and defect allocations must be set for users.
How are report values calculated?
- Estimated Task Allocation is calculated based on the number of days in a sprint, a total of task hours, and user task allocation.
- Team Allocation is a combination of task and defect allocation that was assigned to the user for that team and sprint.
How to interpret this report
The detailed view of the users' allocations shows all sprints to which the user is assigned, their start and end dates, and users' task hours and allocations. The chart below reflects the detailed view visually. Along the x-axis sprints are displayed, as well as the estimated task allocation (green) and team allocation (dark blue) bars. Along the y-axis is the allocation percent.
Ideally, the estimated task allocation should not exceed the team allocation. If the estimated task allocation does exceed the team allocation, then the users were overloaded with tasks based on their team allocation.