About this report
The Hours by Team report captures several statistics about task hours associated with team sprints for a selected PI and program. This report shows estimated effort points, total hours, spent hours, and remaining hours for tasks tied to team sprints, sorted by sprint sync dates. Task hours represent QA hours, development hours, or any other task hours (for example, documentation) logged by members of the selected team, per sprint. This report reads as a data table/matrix.
The report can be used as a tool by Scrum Masters, team leaders, release train engineers, and product owners to track actual task time logged per team sprint, as well as task hours remaining to be completed. It may be beneficial to review the report with team members during pre- and post-PI meetings, daily stand-up meetings, and during sprint review meetings. This report is generated by selecting a specific PI and program.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint.
- Tasks must be created and tied to stories.
- Task hours must be logged by the teams.
How are report values calculated?
- Effort Points column = sum of all effort points for stories tied to team sprints, listed by sprint sync dates; effort points are entered on the Story Grid/New Story panel.
- Total Hours column = sum of all estimated task hours for tasks tied to stories assigned to team sprints, listed by sprint sync dates; task estimates are entered on the Task Grid/New Task panel.
- Hrs Spent column = sum of all logged (spent) hours for tasks tied to stories assigned to team sprints, listed by sprint sync dates; logged task hours are entered by clicking the Clock icon for any tasks listed for a story; this can also be performed using the same Clock icon in the Team Room, List view.
- Hrs Remaining column = sum of remaining hours for tasks tied to stories assigned to team sprints, listed by sprint sync dates; logged task hours are entered by clicking the Clock icon for any tasks listed for a story; this can also be performed using the same Clock icon in the Team Room, List view.
- Progress column = the percentage of remaining task hours versus logged (spent) task hours
How to interpret this report
Tracking task hours and effort point estimates may help you to better estimate similar tasks in the future; it may also be useful for billing purposes. Use the report to determine if team sprints are on track to complete tasks during a PI, or if too much work is still remaining. Over the course of a sprint, the goal is to get to 0 remaining hours and 100% in the Progress column.