About this report
The sprint hours report captures several statistics about a team's performance during a selected PI. This report shows all of the sprints the team participated in (with start and end date) as well as actual hours logged for all tasks, hours remaining for tasks, and a percentage of completed task hours versus remaining task hours. Task hours represent QA hours, development hours, or any other task hours (for example, documentation) logged by members of the selected team, per sprint. This report reads as a data table/matrix.
The report can be used as a tool by Scrum Masters, team leaders, and product owners to track actual task time logged per sprint as well as task hours remaining to be completed. It may be beneficial to review the report with team members during pre- and post-PI meetings, general team meetings, and during sprint review meetings. This report is generated by selecting a specific team associated with a program in the selected PI.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Programs or Teams in the top navigation bar and select the entity you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Sprint performance; the report displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Nav menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint.
- Tasks must be created and tied to stories.
- Task hours must be logged by the teams.
How are report values calculated?
- Sprint column = sprints the team participated in for the selected PI; sprints are entered on the Sprint List/New Sprint panel.
- Begin column = the begin date of each sprint the team participated in for the selected PI; sprint dates are entered on the Sprint List/New Sprint panel.
- End column = the end date of each sprint the team participated in for the selected PI; sprint dates are entered on the Sprint List/New Sprint panel.
- Point Estimate column = sum of all story points tied to a sprint; story points are added on the Story Grid/New Story panel.
- Detail Estimate column = sum of all task hour estimates tied to stories for the sprint; task estimates are entered on the tasks page/New Task panel.
- Done column = actual logged task hours for the team per each sprint; logged task hours are entered by clicking the Clock icon for any tasks listed for a story; this can also be performed using the same Clock icon in the team room, List view.
- To Do column = remaining task hours for the team per each sprint; remaining task hours are entered by clicking the Clock icon for any tasks listed for a story; this can also be performed using the same Clock icon in the team room, List view.
- Progress column = the percentage of Completed (Done) task hours, divided by Completed (Done) plus Remaining (To Do) task hours.
How to interpret this report
Tracking sprint hours and estimates may help you to better estimate similar tasks in the future; it may also be useful for billing purposes. Use the report to determine if a team is on track to complete tasks during a sprint or if too much work is still remaining. Negative numbers in the Progress column indicate the remaining hours are much higher than the logged hours. Over the course of a sprint, the goal is to get to 0 remaining hours and 100% in the Progress column.