About this report
The Team Sync report lists all teams associated to the programs in the selected PI, and indicates if they participated in the PI's sprints. This report reads as a data table/matrix.
The report can be used as a tool by Scrum Masters, team leaders, and product owners to track team participation. It may be beneficial to review the report with teams during pre- and post-PI meetings, general team meetings, and during sprint review meetings. This report is generated by selecting a specific PI.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint.
- Tasks must be created and tied to stories.
How are report values calculated?
- Teams listed in the report are teams that are tied to programs that are participating in the PI.
- A check mark in a table cell indicates that a team has generated a sprint, via the Sprint List/New Sprint panel, for the PI's sync date, which is entered on the Program Increment List/New Program Increment panel.
- Statistics at the bottom of the report display the sum of all sprints generated, for all teams, for the selected PI, and the sum of all sprints, for all teams, that were not generated for the PI.
How to interpret this report
Tracking team participation may help you better estimate workloads for similar sprints and PIs in the future (e.g., capacity planning). If a sprint is not progressing as expected, look for a pattern that shows a team (or teams) that are not participating.