About this report
The Load By Sprint (Hrs) report captures the total task hours actually logged per sprint, per team member. Task hours represent QA hours, development hours, or any other task hours (for example, documentation) logged by members of the selected team, per sprint. This report reads as a data table/matrix.
The report can be used as a tool by Scrum Masters, team leaders, and product owners to track actual task time logged per sprint and to compare completed workloads among team members. It may be beneficial to review the report with team members during pre- and post-PI meetings, general team meetings, and during sprint review meetings. This report is generated by selecting a specific team tied to a specific PI.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint.
- Tasks must be created and tied to stories.
- Development task hours must be estimated and logged.
How are report values calculated?
Task hour values are pulled from logged task hours belonging to team members tied to each sprint in the selected PI; actual logged task hours are entered by clicking the Clock icon for any tasks listed for a story; this can also be performed using the same Clock icon in the Team Room, List view. In the last column of the table, the sum of all task hours for the PI are reported.
How to interpret this report
Tracking the total hours actually spent on tasks may help you to better estimate similar tasks in the future; it may also be useful for billing purposes. Use the report to determine if the workload is evenly distributed among team members, or sprints in a PI.