About this report
The Theme Rank report provides a prioritized list of themes for a selected PI. Themes serve as functionality groupings that connect the portfolio vision to the enterprise business strategy. This report reads as a data table/matrix.
The report can be used to foster communication and transparency between Program-level and Portfolio-level stakeholders, to make sure priority themes are being addressed in the selected PI. This report is generated by selecting a specific PI.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Themes must be created, ranked, and tied to a PI.
How are report values calculated?
- Rank = the numbered rank of the theme, as assigned in the backlog.
- Theme = the name of the theme tied to the selected PI; themes are entered on the Theme Grid/New Theme panel.
- Type = the type of theme (major or minor) as defined on the Theme Grid/New Theme panel.
How to interpret this report
The ranking of the themes is based on their importance and urgency (i.e., the number 1-ranked theme is the most important). These long-term initiatives are intended to ultimately differentiate an enterprise from its competitors, so it is beneficial to make sure the high-priority themes are the focus of the feature and stories in the selected PI.