About this report
The Program Increment Confidence report captures how a sprint team feels at the end of a sprint: are they feeling optimistic, neutral, or pessimistic heading into the next sprint? This report provides a snapshot of team confidence for a specific team tied to a program, over the previous 3, 5, or 10 sprints. This report can be used as a coaching tool by Scrum Masters, team leaders, and product owners to assess the effectiveness and health of the sprint teams. It is beneficial to review the report with team members during pre- and post-PI meetings and during sprint review meetings. This report is generated by selecting a specific team tied to a specific program.
Note that this report is similar to the Team Emotion report. However, the Team Emotion report provides a look at all sprint teams within a PI; the Program Increment Confidence report focuses on one specific team tied to a program.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Sprint Review meeting must be run via Jira Align'd Sprint Review module.
How are report values calculated?
- Team confidence is captured after every sprint on the Sprint Review Meeting page; options include:
- The next Sprint is on track for this team. Sunny skies ahead.
- The next Sprint is on track but many risks loom ahead. Clouds are forming.
- This team's portion of the plan is in trouble. Thunderstorms overhead.
How to interpret this report
Sunny skies and smiley faces is what you are after. After all, a positive, optimistic team will be more effective in reaching shared goals. Too many clouds, thunderstorms, or frowny faces means team dynamics, workload, and impediments should be closely examined to see where improvements can be made.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.