About this report
The detailed sprint progress report is a detailed grid showing the daily task hours by user remaining for each story grouped by task for a sprint. The report is beneficial to Scrum Masters, team leaders and members, and product owners for tracking task hours, remaining hours, and danger indicators in a given sprint, as well as any increases in work remaining that could influence the outcome of your delivery. This report will help coaches and Scrum Masters identify where teams may be experiencing difficulty estimating work during sprint planning. It may be beneficial to review the report at regular intervals during a sprint cycle and discuss any discrepancies with the team to assure sprint commitments are not at risk.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Detailed sprint progress; the report displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system, and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to the PI.
- Team Members must be allocated to the sprint.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint.
- Tasks with hours must be used within stories.
How are report values calculated?
The report can be configured to better match your needs. Use the following toggles under Extra Configs to customize your report:
- Remaining time decreased and spent effort does not exceed the estimate
- Estimate was lowered
- Remaining time increased
- Estimate was exceeded
Filter the report further with the Assigned User filter. When applied, the report only displays stories where at least one task is assigned to the selected user.
If a story has no tasks matching the selected toggles and filters, it doesn’t appear in the report.
The story level effort value totals all effort hours per task and daily totals sum remaining task hours per task.
The danger indicators in the report will provide a visible representation of changes in remaining task hours by day to show increases and decreases in remaining work as related to original estimates along with changes to original estimates. Open the report legend on the top right of the page to see the color coding explanations.
How to interpret this report
This sprint progress report shows a detailed view, by story, of what tasks are needed for story completion along with a view of task hours remaining per team member. This grid provides a visual representation by day and team member of what is needed to complete the story in the given sprint identifying work remaining, increase or decrease in effort hours during the sprint. This report provides a visual representation of how the sprint is progressing by task hours remaining, provides a visual of team members workload and early identification of stories that are at risk of not being delivered based on work remaining.