About this report
Today's Plan serves as a task checklist for the sprint team. It lists tasks, defects, and time allocations that are queued up for the team to work on today. The report is beneficial to Scrum Masters, team leaders and members, and product owners for assessing and tracking daily sprint tasks. It is beneficial to review the report with team members during the daily standup meeting. This report is generated by selecting a specific sprint within a specific PI.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system, and be tied to a program.
- Stories must be assigned to sprints.
- Tasks must be created and assigned to stories.
- Defects must be created and tied to a sprint.
- Time allocations must be created and tied to a team member for the sprint.
- Design specifications must be created and tied to a story.
How are report values calculated?
- Programmer To Do List = all open tasks for the sprint; pulled from Sprint List.
- To Do List (Defects) = all open defects for the sprint; pulled from Defect Grid.
- Time Allocation = pulled from the Team Allocation page, showing the percentage of time allocated for each team member assigned to the sprint.
- Design Specifications = all design specifications that are attached to stories in the sprint; pulled from Specifications Grid.
How to interpret this report
Too many open tasks or defects on a daily basis will require a renegotiation of committed work between the sprint team and the product owner. An overabundance of work queued up for a sprint team means time allocations need to be revisited, to make sure resources are effectively allocated. Conversely, not enough daily tasks and defects to work on usually means the team can handle a heavier workload.